Luke Combs Goes Double Silver! First US Country Male Artist To Have First 2 Albums UK Silver Certified
First US Country Male Artist To Have First 2 Albums UK Silver Certified
New video for ‘Forever After All’ – WATCH HERE
Taken from his US chart topping, record breaking, deluxe album
What You See Ain’t Always What You Get
Today sees US country star Luke Combs continue to defy the odds and break records as he celebrates a feat that sees his US chart topping album, What You See Is What You Get, reach silver in the UK, making Luke the first US country male artist to have their first two albums certified silver in the UK.
The news hits in the same week that Luke dropped the emotional new video for his latest single ‘Forever After All’ – watch here.
Luke recently took part in BBC Radio 2’s House Music Sessions for Ken Bruce on March 12th, where he performed ‘Forever After All’ & ‘Refrigerator Door’ alongside the BBC Concert Orchestra – watch again here. All of this activity marked a year since what would have been a hands down rapturous headline slot at 2020’s C2C Festival. As well as being the biggest US country artist in the UK, his debut album This One’s For You, and What You See Is What You Get have spawned five tracks featured on the BBC Radio 2 playlist.
It continues to be a groundbreaking time for Luke Combs, whose global No. 1 record, What You See Is What You Get, is newly certified RIAA double Platinum. The award-winning album’s 18 tracks along with five new songs are also featured on Combs’ new deluxe album, What You See Ain’t Always What You Get, which debuted No. 1 on the all-genre Billboard 200 chart as well as Billboard’s Top Country Albums chart.
Additionally, the deluxe album’s song, “Forever After All,” landed at No. 2 on the all-genre Billboard Hot 100 chart — the highest entrance ever for a male country solo artist. With the release, Combs also reached No. 1 on Rolling Stone ’s Top 200 Albums chart, Top 100 Songs chart and Artists 500 chart — the first country artist ever to lead all three charts in the same week and first to top the Artists 500.
Combs also recently made history as the first artist ever to have their first two studio albums spend 25 weeks or more at No. 1 on Billboard’s Top Country Albums chart—breaking Taylor Swift’s previously held record at 24 weeks. The achievement comes as What You See Is What You Get topped the chart for the 25th time earlier this summer, while his 2017 debut, This One’s For You, has spent 50 non-consecutive weeks at No. 1—tying the record for the longest reign atop the chart with Shania Twain’s Come On Over in 1997.
Additional notable achievements and recognitions:
- Winner of two awards at the 54th Annual CMA Awards: Male Vocalist of the Year and Album of the Year (What You See Is What You Get)
- Winner of two awards at the 55th ACM Awards: Album of the Year (What You See Is What You Get) and Male Artist of the Year
- Won three awards at the 2020 Billboard Music Awards: Top Country Artist, Top Country Male Artist and Top Country Album (What You See Is What You Get)
- Recent winner of three iHeartRadio Music Awards: Country Artist of the Year, Country Album of the Year (What You See Is What You Get) and Country Song of the Year (“Beautiful Crazy”)
- Only country artist to perform on NBC’s “Saturday Night Live” Season 45
- Inducted as a member of the Grand Ole Opry
- Awarded CMT Performance of the Year at the 2019 CMT Music Awards for his CMT Crossroads performance of “Beautiful Crazy” with Leon Bridges
- Awarded Top Country Artist, Top Country Male Artist and Top Country Album at the 2019 Billboard Music Awards
- Awarded New Male Artist of the Year at the 54th ACM Awards
- Awarded Country Artist of the Year at the 2019 iHeartRadio Music Awards
- Awarded New Artist of the Year at the 52nd Annual CMA Awards
- Nominated for Best New Artist at the 61st GRAMMY Awards
- Recipient of a CMA Triple Play Award for writing three No. 1 songs in a 12-month period
- First artist to simultaneously top all five Billboard country charts for multiple weeks: Top Country Albums, Hot Country Songs, Country Airplay, Country Streaming Songs and Country Digital Song Sales (dated March 9, March 30 and April 6)
- This One’s For You is certified RIAA Triple Platinum and was also the most-streamed country album of 2019.
- All five songs on his The Prequel EP charted on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs Top 25—a feat not accomplished by any artist in 60 years since Johnny Cash in 1959.