Luke Combs Releases New Track ‘Six Feet Apart’
#1 Billboard 200 Album What You See Is What You Get– Out Now
ACM, CMA and CMT Award-winning artist Luke Combs has released his new song, “Six Feet Apart,” today. Co-written with Brent Cobb and Rob Snyder, Combs originally debuted the song last month during a livestream concert.
Listen to ‘Six Feet Apart’ HERE
The new song adds to a series of groundbreaking and historic years for Combs, who is nominated in three categories at the 55th ACM Awards: Entertainer of the Year, Male Artist of the Year and Album of the Year for his acclaimed global No. 1 record, What You See Is What You Get.
What You See Is What You Get—out now on River House Artists/Columbia Nashville debuted at No. 1 on the all-genre Billboard 200 chart as well as Billboard’s Top Country Albums chart this past November with 172,000 equivalent units sold and also enjoyed the largest streaming week ever for a country album with 74 million on-demand streams. It also achieved the biggest first week of album streams ever for a country artist on Apple Music and was the first country album ever to hit No. 1 on the platform’s U.S. overall albums chart, while also setting a new global record for first-week streams for a country album at Spotify and breaking the Amazon Music record for more first-week streams than any other country album debut. Moreover, Combs made his debut as the musical guest on NBC’s “Saturday Night Live” earlier this year with host JJ Watt performing two songs from, What You See Is What You Get: “Lovin’ On You” and “Beer Never Broke My Heart.”
Produced by Scott Moffatt, What You See Is What You Get features 17 songs including the five tracks previously released via The Prequel EP last summer. The EP debuted at No. 1 on Billboard’s Top Country Albums chart with all five tracks charting on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs Top 25—a feat not accomplished by any artist in 60 years since Johnny Cash in 1959. Additionally, Combs’ last single, “Even Though I’m Leaving,” spent three weeks at No. 1 at country radio, making it Combs’ seventh consecutive No. 1—a first on Billboard’s Country Airplay chart, while his current single, “Does To Me” featuring Eric Church, is already Top 10 at country radio.
Adding to his landmark year, Combs’ debut album, This One’s For You, was recently certified RIAA Triple Platinum. Since its release in 2017, the album has spent 50 non-consecutive weeks at No. 1 on Billboard’s Top Country Albums chart—tying the record for the longest reign atop the chart with Shania Twain’s Come On Over in 1997. This One’s For You was also the most-streamed country album of 2019. Moreover, several of Combs’ songs have also received new RIAA certifications: 4x Platinum “Beautiful Crazy,” 4x Platinum “When It Rains It Pours,” 2x Platinum “She Got The Best of Me” and Platinum “Must’ve Never Met You.”
Additional notable achievements and recognitions:
- Awarded Male Vocalist of the Year and Song of the Year (“Beautiful Crazy”) at the 53rd Annual CMA Awards
- Recently inducted as a member of the Grand Ole Opry
- Awarded CMT Performance of the Year at the 2019 CMT Music Awards for his CMT Crossroads performance of “Beautiful Crazy” with Leon Bridges
- Awarded Top Country Artist, Top Country Male Artist and Top Country Album at the 2019 Billboard Music Awards
- Awarded New Male Artist of the Year at the 2019 ACM Awards
- Awarded Country Artist of the Year at the 2019 iHeartRadio Music Awards
- Awarded New Artist of the Year at the 52nd Annual CMA Awards
- Nominated for Best New Artist at the 61st GRAMMY Awards
- Recipient of a CMA Triple Play Award for writing three No. 1 songs in a 12-month period
- First artist to simultaneously top all five Billboard country charts for multiple weeks: Top Country Albums, Hot Country Songs, Country Airplay, Country Streaming Songs and Country Digital Song Sales (dated March 9, March 30 and April 6, 2019)